CAJGO Support Community
Put User's Name Next To User CP - Printable Version

+- CAJGO Support Community (https://community.cajgo-support.com)
+-- Forum: Website & Staff Discussions (https://community.cajgo-support.com/Forum-Website-Staff-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Website Support and Feedback (https://community.cajgo-support.com/Forum-Website-Support-and-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Put User's Name Next To User CP (/Thread-Put-User-s-Name-Next-To-User-CP)

Put User's Name Next To User CP - Serpius - 06-20-2018

As the thread title indicates, put the user's name in the spot indicated in the screenshot.

Why?

I found myself asking... 'Am I logged in or not?' If I have to ask that question, that means I am not 100% certain if I am logged in.

You can simply say 'Welcome, (username)' or (username), You are logged in!

However you want to write it, I think it's important to let the users know that they are indeed logged in.

Just my 2 cents.

[Image: 92ed0a7d3ed1abc60ad95fffb2937a76.png]

RE: Put User's Name Next To User CP - drguild - 06-20-2018

All of this was stupid bugs with the Emerald theme, as you are well aware from my PM and posts on the MyBB forum.
I managed to fix up the welcome scripts to distinguish different users which were never done in the original theme.

The sidebar profile box at its top is planned to have all the user profile welcome information in it, that top area top the links to cp etc.
It's just working out the best way to show and code the user info in the sidebox.
Plus I didn't want to go too deep with changes while the dev was 'supposedly fixing stuff' but that's gone out the window in the last week as he was saying he would get back to fixing this theme a couple weeks ago.
I will look at this again soon and see what I can do with the user profile box.

RE: Put User's Name Next To User CP - Serpius - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 06:59 AM)drguild Wrote: Plus I didn't want to go too deep with changes while the dev was 'supposedly fixing stuff' but that's gone out the window in the last week as he was saying he would get back to fixing this theme a couple weeks ago.

Well, looks like AmazOuz is back to his old delaying tactics. 

You are making the right decision to keep moving on... 

Don't wait for AmazOuz to show up.

(06-20-2018, 11:06 AM)Serpius Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 06:59 AM)drguild Wrote: Plus I didn't want to go too deep with changes while the dev was 'supposedly fixing stuff' but that's gone out the window in the last week as he was saying he would get back to fixing this theme a couple weeks ago.

Well I fixed a lot of this theme and posted up stuff to MyBB from that post down is my long posts about things detailing the state of the theme.
It seems he may have implemented some of the fixes I did himself on his own demo and sites fixed up footer, header etc.
We have a ongoing list here of theme bugs features changes etc.

Even sent Amaz a pm saying I would like to work with him for this community here to be a showcase piece for his theme to display his talents on what we hope will become a big community, but he turned that down.
Also with his support is on his site which is paid subscription based for nearly everything I didn't feel that was warranted when we want to give bug reports back to him etc.

As for the responsiveness on mobile its something we can't exactly fix and we do have a couple mobile users.
I have done my best though to improve things where I can mainly as a learning tool.
As for paid themes mybb 1.9 comes out later in the year with a new templating engine so we are at the stage where paying won't give us long term usability of a theme.
I also hope we can get some coders in here that could help us modify a existing theme to develop and maintain our own branded theme like most big sites have done.

There is a very similar theme to this using bootstrap which no longer offered which is properly coded by Ashley1 you can see that on another site which I talked to the owner online who is also in my city.
I'm just trying to do what I can till the new MyBB fully responsive 1.9 theme then we will break a new custom theme from that.
But as a admin I am using any opportunity I can to learn for a bigger brighter community here.

Currently we do need a ideas on redesign of the front page and header as I am not a creative person as such.

RE: Put User's Name Next To User CP - Serpius - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 11:40 AM)drguild Wrote:

Well I fixed a lot of this theme and posted up stuff to MyBB from that post down is my long posts about things detailing the state of the theme.
It seems he may have implemented some of the fixes I did himself on his own demo and sites fixed up footer, header etc.

Even sent Amaz a pm saying I would like to work with him for this community here to be a showcase piece for his theme to display his talents on what we hope will become a big community, but he turned that down.
Also with his support is on his site which is paid subscription based for nearly everything I didn't feel that was warranted when we want to give bug reports back to him etc.

As for the responsiveness on mobile its something we can't exactly fix and we do have a couple mobile users.
I have done my best though to improve things where I can mainly as a learning tool.
As for paid themes mybb 1.9 comes out later in the year with a new templating engine so we are at the stage where paying won't give us long term usability of a theme.
I also hope we can get some coders in here that could help us modify a existing theme to develop and maintain our own branded theme like most big sites have done.

There is a very similar theme to this using bootstrap which no longer offered which is properly coded by Ashley1 you can see that on another site which I talked to the owner online who is also in my city.
I'm just trying to do what I can till the new MyBB fully responsive 1.9 theme then we will break a new custom theme from that.
But as a admin I am using any opportunity I can to learn for a bigger brighter community here.

Currently we do need a ideas on redesign of the front page and header as I am not a creative person as such. 

I'm creating a new thread regarding the front page.

(06-20-2018, 12:25 PM)Serpius Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 11:40 AM)drguild Wrote:

I'm creating a new thread regarding the front page.  
We have one it's also a giveaway thread my last link above or below.
Front Page Feedback Giveaway

I'm on a roll.
I expanded the threadlist code and now we have a fully functioning welcome sidebar.

No-one on MyBB has managed to do this from what I saw on the forums Big Grin
They are all talking about the threadlist jquery how to get that working when I have gone further and implemented it into the welcome bar.

Needs some adjustment but it works wooooooo00000000000.
Big Grin Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Extremely happy here and blasting some music while pumped.

RE: Put User's Name Next To User CP - Serpius - 06-22-2018

(06-20-2018, 01:41 PM)drguild Wrote: I'm on a roll.
I expanded the threadlist code and now we have a fully functioning welcome sidebar.

They are all talking about the threadlist jquery how to get that working when I have gone further and implemented it into the welcome bar.

Big Grin Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Hmm... you ought to tell the folks at MyBB.com how you did it or at least give them a tease and force them to come to your website to see how the code was done. 

Just my 2 cents...

RE: Put User's Name Next To User CP - drguild - 06-22-2018

(06-22-2018, 07:12 AM)Serpius Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 01:41 PM)drguild Wrote: I'm on a roll.

Hmm... you ought to tell the folks at MyBB.com how you did it or at least give them a tease and force them to come to your website to see how the code was done. 

Just my 2 cents... 

I did give them a hint when I asked about the login box issue for guests there being redirected.
I also looked at the code to go native lang and variables than hooking into the portal and done what I can in some areas.